“Holy Place” of Japanese Radio Astronomy
Japanese radio astronomy that was born immediately after the war,
has remarkably developed into a global level in Nobeyama
with solar radio observations and cosmic radio observations
by 45-m radio telescope and so on.
Photo by Atsushi Hayashi
- Aug. 01, 2021 Call for Proposals for 40th (2021-2022) observing season with Nobeyama 45-m Telescope
- May. 10, 2021 Star Formation Triggered by Cloud-Cloud Collisions
- Apr. 16, 2021 Surprise Twist Suggests Stars Grow Competitively
Feb. 24, 2021
"Carbon Chain Factories" around massive young stellar objects
---Discovery of a new "Carbon Chain Chemistry" in hot-core regions
- Feb. 17, 2021 Velocity shift problem in SpW mode observation
- Aug. 25, 2020 Large Amount of Spinning-top-like Organic Molecules Found in Sagittarius
Aug. 04, 2020
Completion of a catalog of locations for near-future star birth in the Orion constellation
---Discovery of Mysterious double-eye structure toward a baby star--
- Aug. 01, 2020 Call for Proposals for 39th (2020-2021) observing season with Nobeyama 45-m Telescope
Latest Reserch Results
-Is It Another Super Massive Star Cluster ?-
- Making the Most Detailed Radio Map of the Milky Way
More than Half a Century of Observation yields New Discovery
Telescopes of Nobeyama
Photo by Toshinari Hidaka
Photo by Atsushi Nakazawa
The 45-m telescope is one of the world's largest radio telescopes that observes in the millimeter (1mm-10mm) wavelengths. Using its large 45-m diameter aperture,the 45-m telescope is capable of collecting extremely weak signal from distant terrestrial objects.
Nobeyama Radio Polarimeters
Nobeyama Radio Polarimeters are observing the Sun with multiple frequencies in the microwave range. It is capable to obtain the total incoming flux and the circular-polarization degree.
Photo by Hirokuni Tsuchiya
Nobeyama Millimeter Array
The Nobeyama Millimeter Array (NMA) is a telescope array that consists of six parabolic antennas. Its ability to produce high spatial resolution images is equivalent to a 600-m diameter parabola,and it has pictured details of numerous celestial objects.